Roofer In Altamonte Springs
Knowing When to Replace Your Roof and Roof Repair in Altamonte Springs, FL
If you are a home or business owner in Altamonte Springs, FL, you are aware that knowing when to repair or replace your roof can be tricky and stressful. You want to get as much use out of your roofing as possible, but as soon as a tear or leak becomes apparent, the possibility for even more damage is great. You know you need to fix the problem and fast, but are unsure what to do first.
There are a few ways to know that it is time to replace or repair your roof, so you can avoid the damage caused leaks. These include:
- Curling or cracked shingles. Moisture on your roof decking or underlayment can cause the edges of the shingles to curl slightly upward. If the roofing is worn enough, the shingles can also begin to crack. Hopefully all you need is roof repair to fix the damaged shingles, but you might need a new roof entirely.
- Moss growing. This is another sign that there has been too much buildup of moisture over time that is beginning to cause damage.
- Dark streaks. If you are starting to see dark streaks of color on your roofing, it is probably being caused by airborne algae. While this may not look good, it technically will not damage your roof. You may want to consider some small roof repairs and maintenance if the look bothers you.
- There are missing roofing granules. Granules are the crushed stones that give your roofing its texture. If the shingles of your roof are missing granules, they will look patchy or bare in some places. This is another sign that your roofing needs maintenance or to be replaced all together.
- Gutter buildup. If the gutter is getting clogged too often, you might think it is a problem with the gutter itself, while it is more likely because of your roofing. It could be because granules from your roof are washing off in the rain and contributing to the buildup along with leaves and other debris.
- Sagging ceiling. You can tell if this is a problem by testing your ceiling with the end of a broomstick. If it is feeling soft or soggy, it could be because of moisture buildup because your roof is too old to protect your home properly from the elements.
- The roof generally looks worn. Maybe it is some combination of all the above, but your roof just doesn’t look like it’s holding up anymore. A good idea would be to get a roofer or contractor to come to your home or business to give you a professional opinion, so you can know for sure if it’s time to replace or repair your roof.
- Passage of time. Traditional asphalt shingles and most other roofing isn’t meant to last more than twenty years, although metal and steel roofing will last much longer. If that much time has gone by and you still have the same roof, you might want to consider replacing it before leaks and cracks begin to appear. Another sign that it might be time is that your neighbors are getting their roofs replaced. Houses in the same neighborhood were usually built around the same time, so this could be a sign that the roofing in the area has reached the end of its life.
When all attempts to get ahead of the problem fail and you discover a wet spot on the ceiling or hear a loud noise coming from above, your first instinct may be to panic. You can’t leave a leak or hole in your roof, not when it may allow pests to get into your building or cause further damage; you are also worried about the price of roof repair. However, you may be getting ahead of yourself. The best thing to do is find a roofer or contractor in Altamonte Springs, FL to help you figure out what to do next.
At Home Pros Contracting, our Altamonte Springs, FL roofers will help you identify the problem and fix it in a timely manner. It is possible that the problem is as simple as a few missing tiles or worn sealant, which is relatively cheap to fix. At Home Pros Contracting, we are committed to customer service and developing trust with our clients in Orange. Customer testimonies demonstrate that when you submit a request, we will respond and come assess the damage in record time, so you will spend as little time as possible with a leaky roof! The most important thing is that your roof is fixed as quickly as possible so that your family or employees can live and work in a safe, comfortable environment, and that you avoid having to pay for further damages.
← Previous Service Location Next Service Location →